Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Reaching the Threshold...

A little late notice... but I am proud to say that I finally reached WKhood!

I blazed through my 60s at an incredible speed thanks to the 2x EXP 2nd Anniversary Events. The grind at FoG was, without doubt, one of my most memorable experiences in MapleStory. The last 2x EXP event (May 30th, 2007) was actually quite funny, too. By this time, after a month-long series of events, I had a regular FoG party - myself, Malinmar (Page/WK), xSos0Def (Sin/Hermit), FrideRice (I/L Wizard/Mage), with a few other regulars filling in the 5th and 6th spots (PlayingSatan, Thrythwig, steal4fun). During that event, Rice reached 70 early on, followed by Malinmar, who also reached 70 a few minutes later. Then I hit 69 an hour after that, and xSos0Def hit 70 about ten minutes after. There was a lot of jubilance as Malinmar and xSos0Def (both fellow guildmates in Illusion) completed their respective 3rd job advancements.

As for me, level 70 came about a week later - and, quite to my surprise, it was a big event! ^_^ Many guildmates showed up at FoG, Ichigo522 included, to help slaughter Golems for that final 5%. We dominated the entire map!


After that, it was a long trek back and forth between El Nath and Perion in order to obtain the quest items I needed to advance. Random Maplers who saw me on the boat between Victoria Island and Ossyria encouraged me and congratulated me on making it that far - a stark contrast to the "lol page" remarks from before.

I had a few close calls against Black Bull's clone, but I emerged victorious. Reaching the Holy Fields in the snowy peaks of El Nath was a bit a challenge too (-and so was having to do it all over again after I realized I hadn't refined my Dark Crystal ores into crystals! xD). And now, after 11 months, I'm a White Knight!


(Interestingly, Malinmar and I, the only WKs in the +60 member guild, are complementary to one another - I'm a guy, she's a girl, I'm a 1H BW WK, she's 2H sword WK, I went with Fire Charge, she went with Ice...)

I look forward to seeing what new experiences and friendships I will encounter, and what new doors this will open in terms of my continuing research in MapleStory.

No comments: