Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Barbarians, er... White Knight at the Village Gate!

w00t! I'm in! The level 95 BW WK is packing his bags to rock academia! ^_^

Admittedly, this notice has been long overdue (- I never got around to publishing my earlier draft entry about the tediousness of the graduate application process), but I have been accepted to the Graduate Studies Program in Social Anthropology at York University!

Most importantly, the proposal for my master's thesis on MapleStory culture has been approved and I couldn't be happier about that! Truthfully, I must admit that despite all my hard work, I'm still surprised that I find myself about to embark on a two-year university project based on the study of a 2D video game! Nevertheless, I have a clear goal to challenge misconceptions of gaming in academia, and I intend to follow through on that.

As of writing this, I have about 2 weeks left before I finish my undergraduate degree, so I can't claim full status as a graduate student yet. Nevertheless, when all the paper work has gone through and everything is official, I will be further updating this blog. I'll have a spiffy new Zak Helm to show off too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot.

So you'll be doing more ethnography work inside MS o_________________o?

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.